Condo versus Townhouse

There is a lot of confusion on the difference between a townhouse and a condo.

A townhouse owner owns more than the inside of the unit they just bought. They also own the roof and the siding on their section of the building.

Your agent may ask you if you are responsible for the exterior of your home, if you own a townhouse, more than likely you do.

Now if you have a condo, like an apartment, you are most likely not responsible for the exterior of your home. This would be on the Condo Association and you may have dues you pay to help with the upkeep.

Each of these types of houses may come with a coverage called “Loss Assessment”. In my own words, that coverage is there to help pay for a loss within the Condo Association or Homeowners Association. If you have a condo, be sure to ask your agent about this coverage.

Still have questions, reach out and let me know. I am here for you.

1 view0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

This coverage is similar to Hidden water damage when water is leaking inside the walls of your home. However, this is more like from your AC or the shower pan. That is not to say that it will not cove

Hidden water damage is when water is leaking inside the walls of your home from a leaky pipe. What this coverage is though, is to correct the damage from the leaky pipe, not the actual leak or the pip